Friday, December 14, 2007

My Best Birthday


A blurred hazy evening,years back...
the hug i gifed was felt deep within
words unsaid but all the luv was felt
I know that evening will never be wiped.

My father that evening had reached sixty
The best I gifted was a hug,from deep within;
My first drawing,wrapped up with care,
I gifted him the best posession of my life.

But it was the last I gave him a hug,
Then I grew too big to bow to hug...
Something called ego crept deep inside,
Never had a time to be by his side.

So many friends,I grew so much...
Felt ashamed to love him like a kid;
Hardly felt the need to talk to him,
Failed to look for pain,we once shared

Returned home when it was almost dawn,
He waited all night with cakes and candles;
Remembered it was my eighteenth birthday...
A drop of tear silently rolled down unsaid.

No comments:

What Readers feel...