Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Bloody Red Wine


The glass with that red wine
Brimming to the top,
The drop of tear streaming down
runnels down your cheek;
The drop of tear freezes to pearl
all pink and white,
Dropped in the glass,bloody wine
splashing all over...

The child screamed far,far away
amidst dry desert,
Soothing sound of rain splashing
unheard for ages;
Raindrops hitting against the glass
driving me mad,
Wish I could jump,run,dance,shout
do what I did...

The orange sky,the red setting sun
slowly it violets.
In the sound of waterfall,a hollow
I felt in me;
A splash in the calm,blue sea
down,down below,
The arrow shoots out of the bow
wish I stopped it...

The blue beam of beautiful light
killing me,
The crystal reflecting sunlight
felt dark deep in;
The vulture soared high above
wish i could fly,
Drop from the most beautiful eye
down the rosy face...

I prayed eyes closed,folded hands
with salt and whore,
You kissed my lips,touched me,
felt heaven;
Your nails pricked deep my throat
never cried a bit,
The bloody red wine bathed ur nails
I closed my eye...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

'finding the extra-ordinary in the ordinary.....seeing the latent beauty/meaning hidden in the things we take for granted is what defines Sougata's writing'

Poulomi said...

what to comment on things that say more than i can praise....

"touched"

Poulomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Salt and whore??sorry, that line duznt go with da rest of the poem. I'm generally brutally honest wid my comments.

Anonymous said...

feels like things i feel....

What Readers feel...